Sunday 30 October 2011

Monster Jam @ Helsinki








I decided to post this event update as attendning the "Freestyle Mania" really felt like a fresh(!) breeze from America to me. That may sound odd? I think only Americans can come up with sport events like monster truck racing or (WWE style) wrestling, and fill up Helsinki's biggest indoor stadium, the Hartwall Areena!

There were many things about the event I loved. The presenter speaking English with true US accent and trying to warm up the rigid Finnish crowd: "And remember, he'll do one more donut [with a monster truck], only for you, as you've been such a wonderful audience tonight.." That translates to me something like "Hey now c'mon, let's try it again, you are such a quiet crowd and we're really having a hard time getting you to make some noise!!" Haha! :)

And it was all about the merchandise, the excess of toys, T-Shirts and caps available, as well as popcorn mugs and all the exotic stuff you know you really don't need, but you buy them because the kids love them.

Sure, the tickets were expensive, the merchandise was overpriced (compared to the US), and the toilet queues were exessively long (as usual).. But as this kind of tour comes to Finland once in a year or two, we tried to love the show to the max. My wallet feels somewhat thinner, but so what, I feel happy and it seems my son got some inspiration to his child's play too. ;)

I'd love to go and see it again.. in ten years here, or definetely sometime sooner in America!

No comments:

Post a Comment