Sunday 6 November 2011

Summer 2011 update 13/16: Neste Rally @ Koukunmaa





Wr-ooom! It was my first time as World Rally Championship event spectator, at Neste Rally Finland Special Stage 7 - Koukunmaa. As I didn't have previous experience I dediced to play it safe and we arrived on-site some three hours before the start.

In the end I feel it probably was a good decision to come early, as there was already some traffic packing on the road. But of course, arriving early with my son with me, and he was a little impatient at times. Luckily we had chosen a spot very close to the stage finish line, there was the Rally Shop and a plenty of helicopters landing and taking off to keep us entertained.

Later in the evening I went to see Lahti Historic Rally Special Stage 3 along the same route.

I'm not converted as a rally fan yet, but of course I can't say it would not have been interesting either.

No comments:

Post a Comment