Sunday 18 January 2009

A brief visit to Matka 2009 Nordic Travel Fair


I went to see Helsinki's main annual travel fair this weekend, looking for new ideas and good offers.
I guess I eventually ended up in making another ad hoc goal - to take part in as many competitions as possible. And there was a lot of them. The prizes were naturally travel-related.

In overall, the event was quite crowded but still nice. Pretty much the whole world was covered, there were things to see for 3-4 hours, easily. I got a load of brochures, my kid's name written in a paper with Japanese characters. I also bought guidebooks and some kalakukko. And, ahem, a trip to Malta for next autumn. :)

I might go there next year too, though all the best offers and most of the competitions were already available on the internet. But maybe it's all about the athmosphere?

No comments:

Post a Comment